How do I setup Call Control Home?
- Call Control iOS
- Call Control Android
- Call Control Home
- Call Control Home iOS App
- Call Control Home Android App
- Call Control Web Portal
Connect Call Control Home per the included instructions:
- Connect the LINE port on Call Control Home to your wall jack.
- Connect the PHONE port on Call Control Home to your phone.
- Optional – Call Control Home also works without any phone connected, you can plug Call Control Home into a spare wall jack and it’ll block calls without a phone connected.
- Make sure you have the latest update of the Call Control app before you get started.
- Open Call Control on your smartphone and navigate to the Call Control Home screen.
- For Android, tap the settings gear to open the menu and ‘Add New Device’.
- For iPhone, tap the Home icon on the bottom menu and ‘Add New Device’.
- Continue to follow the instructions on the phone. The first update and synchronization will take minutes. We’re doing firmware updates, system checks, uploading the initial database and your personalization settings. Set the phone by the unit and grab some coffee.
- When you’ve reached ‘Finished’, you’re done!
Robocalls and spam will be automatically blocked from calling you! If an unwanted call slips through, simply tap the top button on Call Control Home to block and report the most recent call.
If the inital setup or sync doesn’t complete, try the following:
- Keep your phone near the unit, less than 30 feet, during the setup process.
- Exit the Call Control app and turn Bluetooth off then back on.
- Unplug the power from the back of the Home unit and plug it back in.
We suggest that you enable the following settings to ensure maximum protection from unwanted Robocalls:
- Enable Smart Call Blocking, which is the patented technology that blocks spam calls identified by the community automatically.
- Set the blocking mode to “Disconnect” which will not allow blocked callers to leave a voicemail.